Today I’m sharing a flavourful, moist Red Velvet Cake recipe that is truly the BEST! Additionally, this red velvet cake is always a show stopper!
If you have never made or tried a red velvet cake, now is the time!
Adding to that, Red Velvet Cakes have long been the dessert of choice for Valentine’s Day and almost all celebrations, Moreover they have been especially popular in TREATWELL bakery. However, in recent years Red Velvet Cakes have experienced an explosion in popularity! I love this cake for a number of reasons, but mostly because of the taste. It’s just darn delicious!
Red Velvet Cake has a wonderfully soft texture and a tanginess that complements the cake perfectly. Furthermore, The sour cream in the recipe not only adds a moist texture and tender crumb but also makes it stable enough to withstand the weight of fondant or a thick coat of tangy cream cheese frosting. It is Really Yum!
If you are looking for the best red velvet cake in town you are at the right place.
Moreover, this is one SUPER moist red velvet cake! It has a wonderfully soft texture and a tanginess that complements the cake perfectly.
This Red Velvet Cake recipe will give you a luscious cake that is ultra-moist without being overly soft or crumbly, Furthermore, it has just the right flavor.
But when you have super delicious red velvet cake available at Treatwell Bakery, I don’t think you have to waste your time making it, you can just order it online! Order Now!
INGREDIENTS – RED VELVET CAKE
- 1 cup (240g) buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 oz red food color( At Treatwell we use Natural Food Color)
- 2 cups (450g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (224g) vegetable oil (can use olive oil)
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups (320g) cake flour
- 1/4 cup (32g) good quality cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare three 8-inch round baking pans by spraying with baking and lining with parchment or spreading and lining with parchment.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup (or medium bowl) pour buttermilk.
- Add the vanilla, vinegar, and red food color to buttermilk and whisk to fully combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add sugar, oil, and eggs and whisk together by hand until it is smooth and light yellow.
- Add cake flour, cocoa, and baking powder to the sugar mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Now add the buttermilk mixture and whisk until just combined. You do not want any lumps, but I do recommend being gentle with this batter.
- Pour about 1 3/4 cup batter into each pan and bake for 22-32 minutes. When using my convection oven I will bake these at 325°F for 22 minutes. The cake is done when it does not appear wet on the top and if you press your finger gently in the center of the cake it feels firm.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack. Chill cakes until ready to assemble.
Red Velvet Cake Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 c 1 stick, 113g unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 5 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Combine all ingredients except the sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on medium speed until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low and add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl often.
- Once all sugar is added, beat until fluffy, 3 to 6 minutes.
By following these instructions, you can create a delicious Red Velvet Cake with a moist texture and a delectable cream cheese frosting. Enjoy the heavenly flavors of this classic dessert!